WEST ALLEGHENY SCHOOL DISTRICT
Findlay Township residents are served by the West Allegheny School District from kindergarten through 12th grade. The Elementary School that serves Findlay Township is Wilson School.
West Allegheny School District was formed in 1949 from the schools in Findlay and North Fayette Townships and Oakdale Borough as a jointure. A formal district was formed in 1966. With approximately 19,000 residents in its 58 square miles, West Allegheny is the largest district, geographically, of the 42 school systems in Allegheny County. West Allegheny is located five miles from the Parkway West, six miles from the Pittsburgh International Airport, seven miles from Interstate 79, and 15 miles west of the heart of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
WESTERN ALLEGHENY COMMUNITY LIBRARY
Western Allegheny Community Library, serves the residents of Findlay Township and the neighboring communities of North Fayette and Oakdale.